AW14 London Collections: MEN Day 1
With London Collections: MEN beginning today, it kicks off weeks of worldwide shows and presentations dedicated to the dapper and adventurous world of men’s fashion. Whether you’re an admirer of strictly tailored suits, or an uber fashion-forward street style connoisseur, the designers participating in this season’s London Collections: MEN have something for you. We recap the show’s first day, picking out everything from hip-hop-inspired couture to a rainy (as in actual shower) runway.
Cream colors and military boots fill LCM’s first designer collection to show this season. Lou Dalton incorporates soft textures in her pieces that are especially noticeable on the eye-catchy snoods and knit sweaters.
Favorite pieces: cream snood and nautical hat.
Bright colors are everywhere in John Smedley’s work, with red and blue as seemingly major colors for the collection. Besides the bright hues, the geometric prints on the designer’s sweaters make the pieces perfect for layering with traditional monochromatic coats and jackets.
Favorite piece: striped roll neck sweater.
You’ll see sports and hip-hop inspiration while watching Astrid Andersen’s collection on the runway; the pieces are flashy. Active couture: you can play football or street basketball and be the dressiest guy in the team.
Favorite pieces: black sweater with gold print and blue jersey.
Orlebar Brown bridges “beach vacation” with “cool city work day” for his collection. The pieces are a handsome mix of understated dapper and flamboyant swimwear.
Favorite pieces: khaki bomber and tropical print swim shorts.
Toggle and double-breasted coats were dominant in Topman Designs collection, and with a statement that makes it clear black is never out of style. One look, and you’ll know the pieces are obviously designed to look good AND be absolutely wearable for rainy days. Just jump to 1:49 of the video below to see rain pour on the runway as the models do their final walk!
Favorite pieces: glossy double-breasted patent jacket and oversized coat.
Classic menswear. Hardy Amies presents a collection tailored to a T. A number of the pieces have elegant collars, perfect for guys who like to pop collars for that added swagger. The collection showcases magnificent coats, and beautiful weekender bags that can hold anything and everything for your every day.
Favorite pieces: brown weekender and blue plaid suit.
Matthew Miller’s designs share athletic looks, and are pieces you’d definitely feel comfortable running in (if a surprise occasion ever calls for it). The designer managed to sneak in some women’s pieces on the runway for this season’s collection as well.
Favorite piece: green moto jacket.
Jonathan Saunders plays with lines and stripes in his AW14 collection. The pieces make for cheerful casual looks when combined, or are guaranteed statement pieces when worn separately from the rest of the collection. All are great pieces for layering.
Favorite pieces: striped scarf and white contrast-detail coat.
We’re just starting to ramp up our coverage of men’s fashion weeks around the globe. Stay tuned for more posts on this season’s London Collection! Find more menswear pieces, including some from the designers who presented this first day of LCM, on Wantering.
10 Things Your Dog Would Tell You..
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.
- Give me time to understand what you want of me.
- Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well being.
- Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.
- You have your work, your entertainment,and your friends. I only have you.
- Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understands your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
- Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.
- Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
- Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting too old and weak.
- Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I cannot bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death.
sorry i need to reblog this i dont care
aww 2 cute
My pupsters is my heart so…